Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fat Thursday...6 months post-op

It's arrived...my 6 month "bandiversary" is finally here.  I'm thrilled to welcome it in and have bestowed the name "saggy era" to this 6 month post.  Even though I can see the sags are less than they were 6 months ago.  But, now that I've had a taste of what successful loss can be I'm pretty eager and motivated to keep pushing myself.  Yes, the sags are there, but they are shrinking and lifting as my body changes.  I'm loving seeing the difference in how things fit.  It's been too long....much too long since I've had such a positive outlook to continued exercise and eating right!


April 24, 2013 - Start 264.4
Last weigh-in: 217
This week 214

EXACTLY 50 pounds. (+/- 0.4)

That's awesome.

With my last fill (#4--6cc's total) I have reached my green zone.  I'm simply not hungry.  It's fabulous.  I cannot/do not eat any form of bread and very little pasta.  I love soups...lentil soup in particular and chili.  

The last 10 days I've sat on my butt doing very little, but my norm is exercising 5 days/week.  

Update photos!





I had to switch out the outfit.  The looser that swimsuit got the more obscene it became.  Definitely a "what was I thinking when I bought that?!" moment.  Now I'm in something more appropriate for demonstrating body changes and I don't fear falling out in front of the camera.  Hahaha.

I'm also extremely happy with the difference in how my clothes look and feel.  I can say that I no longer have anything in my closet from the "before" era...it's all simply too big.  YAY!  I've gone down 8 clothing sizes...from a 24 pant to a 16 pant and a 2X to an XL/L shirt.  Let me demonstrate in photos...


VS


If I had to go by measurements only I'd be supremely disappointed...for as much hard work as I've done it seems like a piddly amount to lose in this amount of time....

Measurements:  now/3 months/start

Hips:  49.5/50/52 = 3.5 inches
Waist:  43.5/45/45.5 = 2 inches
2" above waist:  44//46 = 2 inches
Underbust:  37//38 = 1 inch
Neck:  15.5/15.5/15 = 1/2 inch

Non scale victories:
I ran two 5k races
My lab work numbers are improving - my last BP was 114/70
I sit with my legs crossed
I voluntarily take photos of myself.  

I'm still close enough to my start dates that I remember the pain and agony of those first 2 months....would I do it again?

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.




10 comments:

  1. Even at this plateau, I'd do it again every day of my life!

    You're doing great, and I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome . Be proud of yourself.. Hubby hasnt seen you since you started right? How fun :) I gained 50 during our last deployment..lol a lot due to a medicine change but still.. I would have felt much better during that homecoming smaller than larger..lol Kepp up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...he hasn't seen me since the surgery at all...just a few photos on Facebook, but nothing that really shows the difference. 18 DAYS!!!!

      Delete
  3. Ah-MAZING!!! Just amazing. I am so proud and thrilled for you! Can you hear me applauding from Arkansas???

    You are and continue to be SUCH an inspiration to me. Congratulations and Happy Bandiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I can hear you applauding. Now...when are you going to do a similar post? You've lost more than me in less time!!!

      Delete
  4. You. Look. Awesome!! 59 lbs is such a huge accomplishment and I am incredibly proud of you and motivated by you to do so well myself! Hubby isn't even going to recognize you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Him not recognizing me is kind of the plan. lol. Thanks lady...and you are just starting...just think...6 months and you'll be here...or further along. Wahooo!

      Delete
  5. I love this post! I am so jealous! You look amazing and the weight is melting. A 16? Seriously?! I can't wait to join you! Mmmmah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are almost here! Good grief, lady! you are melting away!

      Delete