Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Back to the Beginning

I recently had a long conversation with a good friend about why I chose to have the lapband surgery.  It's was the best thing that could have happened to me right now.  I've been struggling with staying on track.

If you are having the same trouble just tell someone why you chose this surgery.  Take yourself back to the beginning when your body always hurt, you couldn't walk far without gasping for air, you couldn't tie your shoes without taking a break.  Running down the beach was a distant dream, playing with your kids was a chore...you were sad, felt miserable and sick, hated doctor appointments and clothes shopping, hated photos...

My list could go on for miles.

And then take a look at where you are now.  

All of a sudden the things that were jacking up my dedication are sooo unimportant.  All of a sudden the reasons for my current trouble feel petty and unimportant compared to where I am going to be when I finally reach my goal.  It was a lightbulb moment when I realized there is nothing that will feel as good as getting off these last 50 pounds.

I needed this reminder.  I needed this pat on my back.  I needed to hear the longing in someone else to get to where I am right now.  I needed to remember WHY I did this in the first place.  So I've opened a can of whoopass on my bad habits that have crept back in and it feels GOOD.

I'm rejuvenated.

Try it.  If there is no one else...tell me why.  I want to hear it.  I want to keep reminding myself.

PS...I owe my 1 year photos on this blog.  They are coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment