Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Scale-watchomnia

I have a disease.

Its called Scale-watchomnia and I'm a little obsessive compulsive about it.  What that means is I find it fascinating how a weight can fluctuate through the day by as much as 5 pounds...in fact, I think my biggest spread was 8 pounds between a morning weigh in and an afternoon post lunch weigh in.

So I get on my scale a lot.  And by a lot...I mean anytime I happen to be upstairs and near my bathroom.

I've had people tell me that its unhealthy mentally to do this, but I've never been discouraged by my actual weight number  What discourages me is trying to pull a pair of pants over your hips and having to jump up and down to get them up.  Or having to suck in your gut to button and then you are in pain all day long (which I refuse to do, BTW).  Or looking at a photo and seeing a double/triple chin and hating to even LOOK at yourself because of it.  Those are mentally more deflating than any number on the scale that I've ever seen.

So this morning I got on the scale and it said...LO

WHAT?  I tried again...actually I tried about 4 times with the same results.

For now I'm going to take that to mean that I've been exercising so much and working so hard that even my scale is very proud of me.  "Way to go, Anna!  You have a LO weight!" 

And after I get the batteries changed in it...it will go back to telling me the truth. 

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAH! Your posts crack me up. We are similar in our thinking and self-talk. I love it.

    ReplyDelete