Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looking forward to...

One of my resolutions was a triathlon...a sprint triathlon to be exact....meaning a mini one since I'm nowhere near ready to swim long miles, run long miles AND bike long miles.

Here is the rub.

I love to swim and bike.

I do not love to run.  I've tried to love running.  I have.  TWO 5Ks this year and the entire C25K program and I still don't love it.

But I do love to swim and bike...which is why a triathlon is in my future....I figure enjoying two out of three makes it doable.

But holy cow there are few to choose from.  I was thinking September timeframe and I can't find one anwhere near me that isn't in March, April or May.

Ugh.  will not be ready by then.  Not going to kill myself....and I know I won't be ready by then.

So then I start thinking of the tough mudder or warrior dash or spartan race or something like that...

Hmmmm....is it too soon?

MAYBE. 

Because I'm getting a boob job.  Yup.  My surgeon and I discussed it and I'm having a reduction done.  Cannot wait.  The fact that I'm wearing three sports bras to even zumba was enough for him to say do it now instead of waiting until I hit goal weight.  He doesn't think they will change much over the next 60 pounds anyway...and as I told a friend...if they do then I'll just get implants. 

THAT was not something I thought I'd ever say...enjoy what God gave ya...thats what I told myself, but then I met Donnie Wahlberg (my lapband) and realized that a little extra help to make your body work better, more efficiently and healthy isn't a bad thing...

And yes...I can rationalize implants in there somehow...

So anywho...not getting ahead of myself, but I'm pretty excited and I'm just waiting to hear back from the insurance referral people to schedule it in the next few months.  My personal goal is to be in the 180's by the time it happens....Then I'm only 50 pounds to goal...

5 comments:

  1. Such an exciting year ahead for you! Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for your year! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very exciting! You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Donnie Wahlberg. I named mine Brunhilde.

    ReplyDelete