Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Three Days Later...

It's stopped.  The pain, the fauxmitting, the crying.  I'm back to feeling pretty great and I love it.  What worked?  No more vitamins.  Less dairy.  I'm still not sure which was causing the issues, but I'm slowly adding dairy back and if I stay sans issue we know the culprit was the vitamins.

 I think it might have been a combination.

My Sherlock Holmes deduction methods reminded me that I've never been able to take a multivitamin even prenatal vitamins without making my tummy sick.  I guess I thought a B12 and children's chewable wouldn't have the same effect, but I was wrong.  I also discovered that most of my family cannot take vitamins without getting sick.

Then I was reminded that my dairy (and in particular milk) intake has probably quadrupled over the past four weeks.  Prior to this I occasionally had a glass of milk with tomato soup and grilled cheese or in a bowl of cereal, but with the requirement to drink protein shakes they were all made with milk! Plus the protein drink has whey in it....double whammy.

Funny enough I also discovered that the majority of my siblings do not drink any milk.  Go figure.

So, somewhere between the two it caused an awful gas buildup and the resulting fauxmitting.  I go see doctor tomorrow and I can't wait to say, "I figured it out on my own!  Boo yah!"

So, I'm going to need to get all my vitamins from food.  I think I can do that.  I'm looking at smaller blenders with to go cups, my sister is sending me both her raw eating book and her smoothie book.  I've purchased some Almond milk which has protein in it too and I'm learning a new way to eat.

If any ever tells me that lapband is the "easy way out" I'm going to fauxmit on them.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, almond milk is awesome; great choice. I'm also loving coconut milk these days, too.

    I'm *so* glad you figured out how to cure that fauxmitting.

    "I'm going to fauxmit on them." <---Hahaha--my favorite part!!!

    ReplyDelete