Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Away...

I spent the weekend in Knoxville with my cousin and his family.  I had intended to tell them about the surgery, but the topic just never came up. 

Like it would have been awkward and a very pointed, "I need to tell you about my surgery..." moment and I just didn't feel like I needed to do that.  Even still...things went really well in the food department.  I was able to eat regular food and small amounts.  I spent a lot of time chasing kids, at the pool, hiking in the Smoky Mountains, etc. so staying on track wasn't so much of an issue. 

As of today I have 7 pounds to drop before June 9th.  I think I can do it.  My first fill is going to be June 7th and its a liquid diet for a day so that will actually really help.  lol.

I did go for a long walk with the kids this morning even though I *really* didn't want to.  Thats one of the worst parts of all this...I know to succeed I have to make exercise part of my life...and I'm resisting at every turn.

Must get over that hurdle...

1 comment:

  1. Like I said in my earlier comment, weight los is 80% diet and only 20% exercise, so don't get too worried about exercise just yet. You do enough hiking and cleaning that you are going to be just fine for now. As your body lightens up from eating less, it develops greater energy and you will find yourself spontaneously moving more anyway . . . .later, you can harness that energy to do workouts, but for now, experts always say to conquer the eating demons FIRST, exercise demons AFTER eating is under control. That tends to work for me, at least . . .

    ReplyDelete