Sunday, July 21, 2013

Proof positive...



The real liquid awesome in action. Post workout, pre-shower...

I find it important to post unflattering photos of myself so that 1. I keep my ego from ever inflating and 2. I remember where I came from once I make it to where I'm going. So, just for good measure...


 
And just to inspire us for tomorrow's Monday morning ugh-fest (which I always participate in so I'm preempting my bad attitude now with a little tushy kick) here are a few thoughts from people who have accomplished pretty incredible things because they set their mind to it.  

You do know that WE are some of those people.  I am one of those people.  I am so excited that my aspirations and goals and the hard work I'm putting in to acheive them will allow me to reach my potential.  No more waiting on the sidelines.  No more watching others try what I wish I could do.  No more fear that I'll break something, embarass myself, or fail because I'm too fat. 

 Phew...that little rousing speech made me feel like Braveheart..."You have bled with Wallace...now bleed with me!"

Are you in war paint yet?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
...Thomas Edison

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
...Wayne Dyer

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.

...Thomas Jefferson


Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.

...Denis Waitley

And my personal favorite...

The 11th commandment...thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.


What is your favorite motivational quote?




4 comments:

  1. The 11th commandment is a great one! Lol Thanks mor the Monday morning 'chuckle'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your face is looking WAY skinnier!!!

    Anyway, here are my faves:

    ""We when seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves." -William Arthur Ward
    (This quote taught me to go ahead and admire those skinny gals--compliment them on their gorgeous bodies and think positive praising thoughts when I see them, instead of hating them)

    "In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions: "When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop being comforted by the sweet territory of silence?" --Gabrielle Roth

    (this one taught me to DANCE more often and stop viewing the healthy lifestyle through such a negative lens)

    "Resolve to do the things you find to be difficult. That's what confident people do. They tackle those things that are scary and they get addicted to doing it.” --Chalene Johnson

    (I want to get addicted to healthy behaviors!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do or do not. There is no try -- yoda

    ReplyDelete