Sunday, July 14, 2013

Want Power

I shoulda been an ant.

Mindless follower just doing the same thing over and over.  At least it would be easier than having to be the master of my own destiny.

At least that's how I feel today.

I think I've mentioned before that weekends tend to be "bad" for me.  This one was no exception...exacerbated by having a houseguest who threw off my routine and at one point I actually thought to myself, "oh well, I'll just lose it again later."

What the flipperdoodles?

I had completely returned to my old way of thinking...eat now...you can lose it later.  UGH!   The only problem is I never did lose it later and the pounds kept packing on.

So today I hop on Lapband Talk and the first post I see is by a girl who derailed this weekend like I did.  And the first response was exactly what I needed to hear...

"Want Power.  ...the idea that you want to lose weight MORE than you want to eat."

I did not have want power this weekend.  This weekend I wanted to stay fat.  Ouch.  Hurts to admit that.  Today?  Different day.  I want to lose weight.

Back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment